The 3080UEP-H264P60-IPASI is the first of its kind to offer a multiformat encoding platform for facilitating multi-faceted applications in a modular blade form factor, a true universal encoding platform. As modern day contribution networks evolve from classic satellite transmission to terrestrial large-pipe Ethernet, the need to support more than one encoding codec (such as H.264 and JPEG 2000) becomes a necessity when handing off services.
Using the latest advancements in compression technology the UEP delivers pristine H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10) encoding at up to 1080p/60Hz true native resolution over Gig-E and/or ASI for delivery over satellite or terrestrial networks. The UEP's compression core can concurrently produce an ultra low latency, visually lossless transport stream using the latest JPEG 2000 compression algorithms for delivery across fat-pipe networks or high quality archival applications. Additionally the UEP generates an H.264 transport stream at 4:2:0 resolution to facilitate content injection into IPTV headend, inhouse cable plant or delivery into an "over the top" adaptive bit rate transcoding network. This unique triple staged compression architecture provides the very "best-in-breed" encoding for those applications that require true compression flexibility without compromise.
- Accepts a 3G/HD/SD-SDI baseband service
- Accepts an MPEG-2/H.264/JPEG 2000 compressed service
- Offers video re-processing
- Outputs a processed 3G/HD/SD-SDI baseband service
- Simultaneously outputs H.264 10-Bit 4:2:2 +8-Bit 4:2:0 and a JPEG 2000 compressed service
The UEP's physical interface offers dedicated primary and backup connections for GiG-E, ASI and 3H/HD/SD-SDI, dual control interfaces via the frame chassis for accessing the intuitive onboard HTTP web interface or classic SNMP. Control virtualization within a workflow can be accomplished within the Evertz VLPRO, IRM, MAGNUM or Mediator management software solution suites. Alternatively a middleware layer that virtualizes the device into a resource pool provides a north bound service API. For those mission critical applications, the UEP can be smartly managed using the Evertz Compression Systems Manager (CSM) software which offers complete provisioning, monitoring and redundancy management of the contribution compression head end.
The 3080UEP Universal Encoding Platform is fully feature upgradeable allowing for a cost-effective migration from a single codec contribution encoder to a triple stage compression platform in-field. For applications such as news, live events, primary and/or secondary contribution, this platform offers the best performance and versatility available from a world class contribution encoder supporting up to 1080P a "True Master Format".
- Control Method - VLPRO/Web HTTP
- Inputs - HD/SD-SDI BNC for encoder, ASI BNC & IP Input for decoder
- Outputs - HD/SD-SDI BNC for decoder, ASI & IP Input for Encoder
- Codec (Encoders) - H.264 (4:2:0 8-bit and 4:2:2 10-bit) and JPEG 2000
- Codec (Decoder) - H.264, MPEG2 and JPEG2000
- Multi audio codecs including AAC and Dolby
- Video Standard - 720p/59.94, 1080i/59.94, 1080p/60
- Flexible IP Port Configuration Input/Outputs assignable for facilitating network isolation or Encoder output stream splitting
- Standard VANC Distribution formats
- SMPTE 2038 for Decoder (in addition to distribution format)
- PCM Audio for 4:2:2
- All VANC modes via SMPTE 2038
- Video Processing
- Audio Processing
- SNMP MAGNUM API
- Multiple Contribution Applications - Multiple Simultaneous Outputs